Behind each Picture products composed of organic or recycled materials, there are women and men who work to make them qualitative, beautiful and durable. By introducing a collaboration with Fair Wear Foundation, we want to take care & enhance workers’ lives in the factories we are working with.
What is Fair Wear Foundation ?
Fair Wear Foundation is a not-for-profit organisation that works with brands, factories, trade unions, NGOs and sometimes governments to improve labour conditions in the garment industry. FWF has invested more than 10 years in developing effective solutions to the key problems facing workers in the garment industry.
FWF’s four main areas of activity are:
• checking that member brands respect human rights in their supply
• checking working conditions in garment factories
• providing worker complaint hotlines in 15 production countries
• ensuring cooperation between factories, brands and all other
FWF is active in 15 production countries in Asia, Europe and Africa.
What is the next step ?
The FWF process will start with the 2 factories that make 95% of our products :
– LiLian in China (technical products in recycled polyester)
– Seyfeli in Turkey (lifestyle products in organic cotton)
Thus, we will quickly have a very large percentage of our production under monitoring.
Seyfeli & LiLian were our first factories when we created Picture in 2008. Nine years later, we are proud of this long-term partnership and excited to go further in our commitment with them.
Let’s make step-by-step improvements and build an even more sustainable supply chain.
Learn more about Fair Wear Foundation