We design our products so that you can use them for as long as possible.
Instead of systematically making exchanges, we prefer to repair whenever we can. To provide this service, we have worked with repair centers since Picture started in 2008.
Doubling the lifespan of a product avoids greenhouse gas emissions (around 44%, Bédat, 2021) because one or more purchases are avoided during this period. And of course, when there is purchase, there has been manufacturing. It’s exactly the same process with our rental service!
Until now, we have only applied the 2-year warranty required by law (France), putting you in contact with our repair centers after it expires.
But from now on, you will no longer need to worry about this expiration date. Starting in fall 2020, the following products will be covered by our new lifetime repair warranty:
- Technical jackets and pants
- Midlayers, tech sweaters
The warranty will also cover past seasons’ products from the same categories. For the time being, our lifetime repair warranty only applies to the European and North American markets.
What type of repairs are we talking about?
Feel free to contact us if you have any questions or would like more information.
For the description, terms, and conditions of our lifetime repair warranty click here. If you have any questions please fill out this online form, and we will reply as soon as possible!
Some numbers so far:
- 1163 repairs worldwide since winter 2019
- 193 repairs (including 140 jackets) as part of lifetime repair warranty since winter 2020
- +133% on repair requests between 2021 and 2022: repairing instead of exchanging becomes normal
- We plan to expand our network of repair centers to make sure that one is located as close as possible to where you live. If you happen to know of a repair center nearby that you would like to recommend (outside France), let us know by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Little by little we will extend the warranty to other new products.
As we move forward, updates and more information will follow.
This project fits into our overall approach to sustainability: reducing our energy needs and effecting change in consumption patterns.
We use the following diagram, provided by climate experts Carbone 4, as a model. It ranks the most relevant habits people can develop to reduce our impact as individuals, and at no additional financial cost.
“Less new clothes” comes in 5th place. At Picture, we know that we have a role to play so that you can make your clothes last as long as possible.
Our lifetime repair warranty is an integral part of this approach!